Amphu Laptsa Pass Trekking - 23 Days
Mera (6460m) & Island Peak (6189m) are two of the most popular trekking peaks in the Nepal Himalaya and this expedition combines attempts on both mountains with a trek through the remote Honku Valley and a crossing of the spectacular and difficult Amphu Laptsa Pass. The generous itinerary ensures proper acclimatization and we have plenty of contingency days in the event of inclement weather. Being slightly to the south of the main range, Mera offers spectacular views from Kangchenjunga in the east to the Langtang region in the west. Island Peak is situated right in the heart of the Khumbu area and although it is dwarfed by the enormous Lhotse Face to the north, the views from the summit are truly exceptional.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided Tour
Day 03: By Plane: Kathmandu to Lukla. Trek to Chudhenga (3h-3200m)
Day 04: Chutanga to Chetera La (4580m, 5hrs)
Day 05: Chhetera la to Khode (3614m, 6hrs) .
Day 06: Khode to Thangna (4300m, 5hrs)
Day 07: Acclimatization
Day 08: Thangna to Khare (5000m, 6hrs)
Day 09: Khare to Mera Base Camp (5300m, 5hrs)
Day 10: Base camp to High Camp (5750m)
Day 11: High camp to Mera Peak (6461m) to Base Camp
Day 12: Base Camp to Honku valley- Hunku Khola (4900m, 5h)
Day 13: Hunku Khola to Hunku Pokhari (5350m) to Panch Pokhari 5 h
Day 14: Acclimatization
Day 15: Panch Pokhari to Amphu Laptsa Base camp (5600m, 6hrs)
Day 16: Base Camp to Amphu laptsa pass (5780m) to Chhukkung (4730m, 8hrs)
Day17: Chhukkung to Pangboche (3985m, 5hrs)
Day 18: Pangboche to Tengboche (3867m, 5hrs)
Day 19: Tengboche to Monjo (2850, 7hrs)
Day 20: Monjo to Lukla (2800m, 6hrs).
Day 21: By Plane: Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 22: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities
Day 23: Transfer to airport for departure
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 2
Season: all year (on a bad weather flight does not goes)
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees
- All necessary transportations
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- First aid kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour
- Airfare: Kathmandu – Lukla & Lukla - Kathmandu
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Amphu Laptsa Pass Trek Map
More Information: email@example.com