| Dhaulagiri Trekking
Dhaulagiri (White Mountain), separated from the Annapurna region by Kali Gandaki Gorge (deepest in the world) includes some fifteen peaks above 7000mt. The trekking in this area is relatively strenuous and needs some mountaineering knowledge. Magdi Glacier, Dhaulagiri Base camp (4750m), French Pass (5360m) (highest point of the trek)including the several peaks such as Putali Himal and Tukuche Peak gives you an excellent view of Dhaulagiri range. A hidden snow valley (after crossing French pass) gives you a heavenly test of white world. The Dhampus Pass between Tukuche peak and Thapa peak is another heaven in the trip.
An itinerary outline (duration can be 16 days, 18 days or 22 days, depend on your time and interest/ it is better to have a few days in Kathmandu and Pokhara on your arrival and departure):
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided Tour
Day 03: By Bus: Kathmandu/Pokhara/Beni (1000m). 10 hours/ lodge / camp.
Day 04: Beni - Babichaur (1050m) - 5hours/trekking/camp
Day 05: Babichoaur – Dharapani Phedi (1250m) - 4 hours/trekking/camp
Day 06: Dharapani Phedi – Sibang (1850m) - 6 hours/trekking/camp
Day 07: Sibang – Dobang (1800m) 5hours/trekking/camp
Day 08: Dobang – Bagar (2100m) - 5 hours/trekking/camp
Day 09: Bagar – Dovan (2500m) - 6 hours/trekking/camp
Day 10: Dovan – Sallaghari (3100m) – 5 hours/trekking/camp
Day 11: Sallaghari – Italian Base Camp (4000m) - 4 hours/trekking/camp
Day 12: Acclimatization in Italian Base Camp - Trekking/camp
Day 13: Italian Base Camp – Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4900m) – 5 hours/trekking/camp
Day 14: Dhaulagiri Base Camp – French Pass (5300m) – French Phedi (4900m) – 6 hours/trekking/camp.
Day 15: French Phedi – Thapa Pass (5250m) – Kalopani (5000m) – 6 hours/trekking/camp
Day 16: Kalopani – Marpha (2667m) - 6 hours/trekking/camp/lodge
Day 17: Rest in Marpha (Trek to Jomsom and fly to Pokhara/ Kathmandu on the next day is possible).
Day 18: Marpha - Lete (2438m) - 6½ hours/trekking/camp/lodge
Day 19: Lete - Tatopani (1189m) - 6 hours/trekking/camp/lodge
Day 20: Tatopani - Ghorepani (2855m) - 8 hours/trekking/camp/lodge (or trek to Beni and drive to Pokhara and next day drive or fly to Kathmandu is possible).
Day 21: Early in the morning ascends to Poonhill//trekking/camp/lodge (3200m) for beautiful sunrise and the majestic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges, after breakfast proceed to Tadapani (2700m)-6 hours.
Day 22: Tatopani - Ghandrung (1951m) - 2½ hours. Visit ACAP Headquarter and Gurung culture museum.
Day 23: Ghandrung – Nayapool (1070m) - 5 hours. Drive to Pokhara - 3 hours.
Day 24: Pokhara - Kathmandu (By bus or flight)
Day 25: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities
Day 26: Transfer to airport for departure
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 2
Season: April - October
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation, camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees
- All necessary transportations
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- First aid kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
Does not include:
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org